Week 1 Exercise 1: Listening Skills Test
Feb 15 by
a text entry box
Listening Skills Test
Select the best answer and circle your choice. Remember there is only one correct answer. Upon completion, please self-grade your test and then place in in the dropbox.
- What is the purpose of an open ended question?
- To receive answers from the audience
- To focus on the speaker
- To waste your time
- To get clarification from the speaker
- To achieve effective communication
- One only needs to listen
- One only needs to speak
- One needs to listen and speak
- One needs to be distracted
- How much time do we spend listening?
- Which of the following is not TRUE?
- Listing makes you feel important
- Listing will not reduce stress
- Listening does reduce conflict resolution
- Listening leads to learning
- Which of the following is NOT a barrier to listening?
- Mental distractions
- Being appreciated
- Speaker’s delivery
- Uninteresting topic
- Identify the four steps in active listening:
- Agree, reflect, question, listen
- Conflict, agree, question, listen
- Attentive, reflective, caring, listening
- Question, assertive, competitive, listening
- Which of the following is a non-verbal cue?
- Gathering information and clarification are an example of?
- When trying to provide a constructive response to a staff member, one might to:
- We listen at what rate?
- 10,000 to 30,000 words per minute
- 10 to 50 words per minute
- 125 to 250 words per minute
- 500 to 1000 words per minute
You've already rated students with this rubric. Any major changes could affect their assessment results.